1993 RR with EAS prob, blown 30 amp fuse?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

B

Brit4me

Hello, I am the proud owner of a 1993 RR with total failure of my EAS. It started out with soft warnings and now total hard failure. I checked all the fuses and found that the 30 amp max fuse was blown. The 30amp fuse is for the compressor.
The question is , could there be another cause of the fuse to blow and is there another fuse in the system to look for that may also be blown and or could relays also be affected?
I want to get the vehicle back up off the bump stops so I can get it to a RR dealer for a scan, but that is over 400 miles away and a long bumpy ride.
Any advice on what else to look for and a way to get that vehicle back off the bump stops would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Quickest and cheapest way to fix this is to replace the EAS with springs. But you can also search the RR threads for a post I put in here on EAS and what to look for. Very long post.

B

Brit4me

Thanks , I have read your postings, but I am sure that my air susp is in good order, I am convinced that I have an electrical short somewhere in the system. Coil springs are being seriously considered how-ever. When the EAS is working, it's fantastic. Someone could make a living publishing a trouble shooting guide for Land Rovers.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Quick test on the compressor would be to remove it and check the amps requried to run it... (kind of like when you test a starter)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM