2003 Disco Abs Modulator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pjvarc

Reaction score
question, last year i repaired my ABS Modulator with part no SWO 500030 a land rover OEM repair kit. a year and two weeks later my brake light came. the dealer is charging for a new shutter valve $1,047. any thoughts on doing the band aid approach again? or biting the bullet and paying $1,047.

repair kit was only $90 however, i did notice throughout the year a my abs chiming away with two tones only every now and then. the light came on this week.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Did you do the work yourself? If so, when you removed the old switch assembly was there break fluid on it? If so the Modulator is bad, if not then the odds are you have another problem.

pjvarc

Reaction score
thanks for replying. no i did not do the work myself took to a mechanic. my brake light came on after three chimes and stayed on. was advised abs mod needs to be replace

i found this site last night ,http://www.robisonservice.com/articles/ronr_aug2006.asp
last year i had the brake light come on and a different mechanic simply sold me on a repair kit from land rover. i guess i may just bite it and do the job it and resolve the issue.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
9ineballer