2003 disco, right wheel sensor fault

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pjvarc

Reaction score
this is a new fault code for me. as i discovered today i need to replace or repair my abs modulator. right wheel sensor related to abs, code read i need to replace sensor.
anyone has experience replacing this ? is it better to replace both left and right at the same time?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Normally with ABS sensors, you can clean them... but unless I am mistaken the D2 sensor is built into the hub and not a cheap replacement.

I would just change the one that is bad, but before you do have it checked to make sure it really is bad.

RobertColunga

Banned
Reaction score
this is a new fault code for me. as i discovered today i need to replace or repair my abs modulator. right wheel sensor related to abs, code read i need to replace sensor.
anyone has experience replacing this ? is it better to replace both left and right at the same time?

Hi bro! Were you able to fix this code error? Is the vehicle speed sensors also affected? What did you do? i think I have same issue with yours.

pjvarc

Reaction score
i replaced the abs modulator and right front wheel sensor, both items were not cheap to repair and replace. my experience with maintaining the abs modulator, you have two options, a patch repair to the modulator which cost much less than replacing the unit. however, i did the patch first and the abs mod on occasion kept chiming with two chimes for about a year until my instrument cluster abs light and brake light came on again and then i finally replace the unit and front right wheel sensor.

i only replaced the right side front since the sensor since its not cheap.

p

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$150 for the sensor and $120 in parts could have done the same thing, to bad you didn't ask for help.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rendak