2004 Rover Disco engine code 1173

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeff

Reaction score
I have a 2004 Rover Discovery and the check engine light is on. The O2 sensors have been replaced with Bosch OE replacements. The MAF sensor has been replaced and I was dumb enough to have a so called Rover mechanic talk me into taking the intake off to check for vacumn leaks which cost me 900 dollars. The O2 sensor codes are gone but one code remains and keeps coming back after the code is cleared and it is 1173. Has anyone had this problem before and found a remedy? I could use some help. Thanks. PS does anyone think it might be the catylitic converter?

Last edited:

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can tell you, it is not a cat fault but have been unable to locate the correct defination of that code.

greg409

Full Access Member
Reaction score
po 1173 Lambda sensor aging tv bank 2Drive cycle C:Signal out of range - above maximum / below minimum

Indicates pass side o2 sensor out of range - are you sure they're both plugged in? are there any defects/poor wire connections?

A quick search on the 'net leads to pvc hose leak (vacuum leak)

luck,greg

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM