2005 LR3 electrical power loss

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rover3045

Reaction score
Need some urgent help please....Have a 05' lr3 ...love the truck ,but gave me a serious problem the other day. Had the Amber "Park Brake " light come on , quick google said possible low brake fluid( which it was low) went to pick up the wife 20 miles away after 18 miles A/C shut off all of a sudden then radio power went off, after 2 minutes they both came back on....then they both when off. at this point the hazards started flashing......got to my destination and thought maybe shutting it off and disconcerting the battery might reset the vehicle.....didn't work truck wouldn't start with out a jump after that the vehicle was fine .... drove to local Autozone store and Battery, Alternator and Starter checked out all good. .....do I have a short some where? where would i start to look?.....I really don't want to take the vehicle to the dealer, and the local private shop here in Jacksonville Fl. usually has a long wait.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need to consider having a solid relationship with the best technician possible for these vehicles, even if it is the dealer. At least they are trained in them to diagnose things.

FYI, this is how you "reset" the LR3:

http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic19547.html

It says: Before unplugging any connectors or for Hard Reset

If you're going to unplug any vehicle connectors, make sure you disconnect the battery first, otherwise the vehicle will register loads of 'faults'

The procedure is:-

Remove the key, close all doors, including the tailgate - although you'll need the bonnet (hood) open - don't lock the vehicle though.

Wait a minimum of 2 minutes, then check through the window that the park brake warning light, NAV screen & clock display are all off.

Remove the -ve terminal first, making sure that it can't spring back to the battery, then remove the +ve terminal.

Also for hard reset: short the Positive & Negative CABLES only together. (If they wont reach each other grab a screw driver & place across the ends of the cables...REMEMBER not to short the BATTERY TERMINALS). Leave shorted cables together for a minimum of a minute to discharge capacitors etc.

do whatever you need / want to do / or wait 5 -10 minutes for Hard Reset

Replace the +ve terminal, ensuring it is properly seated and cannot be moved once re-torqued

Refit the -ve terminal, ensuring as far as possible that it makes good contact first time, you may get a small 'arc' as the terminal contacts the battery, nothing to worry about, it's just the vehicle 'waking up'. if it's a good flash and the insulation turns to liquid plastic..... use a tool - not your hands - and remove the -ve terminal as fast as you can, for something is badly wrong.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM