2005 LR3 fuel tank recall

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Roverine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
avick said:
I've known about the recall, and the dealers in Denver are pretty much SOL unless they swap an 06 tank. I had a dealer in Utah ready and waiting to ship an '05 this week and they claimed the fuel tank issue wasn't a problem. Very curious.

Which Utah dealer was that? My dealer (Centerville) changed out my 2005 fuel tank before delivery when I bought a month ago. Dealer was aware of the recall, and told me it would have to be switched out before they could sell it to me.

Roverine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Assembly date is on the sticker on the driver's door

C

Colt45

Roverine - thanks for the info. Though my VIN number range is SALAE254 (same as DonA), and that seems to be outside the range of numbers listed in the recall notice the assembly date is Feb 05. - - I've got my 7500 mile service tomorrow. Looks like I'll have to get in line for a new gas tank. This should easily put me over the line for the Lemon Law 30 days total out of service. Oh well, love the vehicle when its actually on the road.

J

jbio1

I'm new to this forum and have a couple of questions regarding this fuel tank recall.

1) Are there any issues with lemon law and / or resale values due to this issue?
2) I am in the process of acquiring an '05 HSE - What would you expect to pay for an '05 HSE (Heavy Duty / CC package) that has this issue?
3) Have any of you noticed higher service / repair for unrelated problems on LR3's that have had this recall?

My local dealer will replace the fuel tank before I get the vehicle but I suspect they're having some trouble getting rid of these '05's due to this issue.

Thanks for your input!

T

toddjb123

jbio1 - don't think its a big issue. some people have had problems related to the recall, most haven't. i just received the recall letter so i'll get it checked.

if the tank will be replaced, i don't see it affecting resale value at all. most cars have a recall for one thing or another...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM