2005 LR3 fuel tank recall

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

madtownrover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got a call from my dealer today...still 8 weeks away from a new tank. Told me they are not allowed to sell any of the trucks on their lot that fall in the vin range covered by the recall.

My truck continues to run well with 3/4 tank or less.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Interesting on the VIN range issue. I talked to my dealer yesterday about this, and he said all LR3's made to date shipped to the US Market will be effected.

H

hysterwv

I spoke with my dealer on Monday and the fuel tank issue came up. I had e-mailed my salesperson and service manager the memo before LR had! They were told not to sell ANY 2005 LR3s regardless of VIN number. They could swap tanks from a 2006 unit in order to sell a 2005. They also told me that they would know more on October 10th.

F

Freeflytim

Yeah, at my dealer yesterday I heard the same about the trucks on the lot being embargoed. Sucks to be in sales for the next month with 10 '05 LR3s on the lot. Dealer had a couple of spankin' new '06s that they took the tanks out of for a couple of customers with recurring problems. Very good imho that the dealer did this. They had two trucks they could have sold but sacrificed them because of this.

D

DonA

I called LR today my LR3 is part of the recall, letters will be mailed to those affected sometime next month.

I called my dealer the service rep said they would not have replacement parts for almost 3 months. He was shocked that I knew about it...Is this some sort of secret?

A

avick

I've known about the recall, and the dealers in Denver are pretty much SOL unless they swap an 06 tank. I had a dealer in Utah ready and waiting to ship an '05 this week and they claimed the fuel tank issue wasn't a problem. Very curious.

C

Colt45

DonA said:
Interesting my assembly date is 02/05 but my VIN is SALAE254 :confused:

DonA - - Where/how did you look up the assembly date ? My VIN number is in the same range as yours, so we can compare dates. - - -

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM