2005 LR3 fuel tank recall

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

F

Freeflytim

I guess Ill call the dealer tomorrow to be first on the list!

B

bperkins

Guess I got lucky....Mine (SALAG) does not fall within the VIN range.

madtownrover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm on the list...

I've had some stalling, stumbling and hestitation since the middle of summer. More frequent after refilling the tank. Car was in the shop yesterday and I dropped off a copy of the recall letter...made diagnosis a little easier ;-)

My dealer had no idea there was a recall...not on the LR computer system yet. Must suck to be a service advisor when your customers find out about recalls before you do. I'm now on the backorder list for a new tank...will need to keep fuel levels at half or lower to avoid the problems in the meantime.

racingdc9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any updates on recall? I tried calling my service guy, but he never returned my call, gee what's new.

madtownrover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
racingdc9 said:
Any updates on recall? I tried calling my service guy, but he never returned my call, gee what's new.

My dealer has the recall...told me it looks like a 2 month backorder.

Good news is that the truck is fine as long as I keep the fuel level below 3/4 tank.

racingdc9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there a particular VIN # that is being recalled? I called my dealer yesterday, and they said that they haven't heard of any recall, and until they do, they can't do anything.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM