2005 LR3 Key Fob Replacement or Battery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DirkV

Reaction score

Thanks for the info! I just saved close to $700 by going this route.
I have 2 old keys for my LR3: One where I bought the new shell then swapped the circuit board (and soldered a new battery) and blade out of the OE fob which had disintegrated and died some 4 or 5 years ago; the other an OE which had recently worn through the rubber on the fob. In addition the batteries were dying on both such that one wouldn't do remote lock/unlock and the other was 50/50.

Bought 2 new fobs from the above eBay seller for approx $14 apiece.

They arrived yesterday, and my local Ace hardware cut the new blade to match the old. (They mentioned that they recently got a new key cutter.)

Then it was super easy to program the new key/fob with my IID tool. Everything working fine on the first new key/fob, and I'll repeat the process on the other new one today!

So all in for $15 and change - now having a new functioning backup key - I can't stop laughing!

I feel the same way!

jaamrode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got 2 new keys $82 all in plus iid tool which I already had. $16 a piece for keys $25 per key to get cut. The hardest part is finding somewhere to get the keys cut. Had to go to 7 places before I had success. Not all Ace hardwares have the right equipment and the Ford dealer tried and failed, at least they gave me a new blank at no charge. Finally if you are in Denver the Ace at Colemine and Pierce will cut your blanks. Programming was almost too simple wasn’t sure it was working because it is so fast.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72