2005 LR3 with Rear Differential Problems HELP!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Soccermom

Reaction score
Reaching out for advice and have a call into NA Customer Service. Love my LR3 but it has had it's share of problems - thought we had worked out all the bugs but now with only 83,000 miles, perfectly maintained, learned today that the rear differential needs to be replaced. Have heard that this is starting to become a problem with other early 2005 LR'3's HSE? Does anyone know about this? The cost to repair is incredible and the car is unusable if not repaired.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.. sorry to hear about the issues. Haven't heard anything about the diff issue. Have you thought of used parts from a junk yard or Rover salvage yard?

Soccermom

Reaction score
Thanks for your idea Joey. I will mention look into it. We have a call into NA Customer Service to see if they can help us since this should never happen to a vehicle that is pampered as much as this one is with only 83 K miles. At this point, we are considering fixing it and getting rid of it which is so sad because I love this truck but the prospect of these incredibly expensive problems just popping up out of the blue is very scary.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635