2006 LR3 HSE 45K MILES service at dealership

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RoverMike

Reaction score
so i was told that once the vehicle hits 45,000 miles its due for service at the dealership do any of you guys know exactly what they check on the vehicle or what exactly gets done, is just that the nearest land rover dealership is 5 hours from where i live so i was wondering if its even worth taking the truck for service....

pvangura

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's a link to a PDF version of the 06-08 LR3 maintenance schedule:

LR3 Maintenance Schedule

The 45k isn't too big of a deal, mostly a lot of checking things to make sure they are still ok, along with an oil change and some new brake fluid. The higher mileage services include things like changing diff/t case fluid, so they are a little more involved (and also not covered under the scheduled maintenance plan!).

Hope that helps.

Paul

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should go ahead and change your differential fluids with that age of a vehicle. I would also change your transfer case fluid. Irregardless of what LR suggests.

RoverMike

Reaction score
thanks guys for the tips i would def. change the fluids that they recomend .....by any chance do any of you know of how much im looking of wasting for those services

ryan-in-oregon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The service schedule is based on mileage and time. You should be well past the 45k service infact at this point not knowing when your lr3 was first put into service I would expect you to be doing the 72month/90k service! My LR3 is an 05 with mileage in the 70k range. I have completed all maintenance intervals on recommended 6 month intervals (coming up on the next service which is the 105k service). Far as costs go I couldn't tell you. The last one I paid for was the 45k service 3.5 years ago I think then it was around $400. I have done the rest of the services myself..

Earing2008

Reaction score
My two cents would be to have a local reputable shop replace the brake fluid and try to perform the rest of the maintenance yourself. I'm a pessimist when it comes to my local dealer and I would bet money they wouldn't go down that checklist with attention to detail.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Izanagi