2006 LR3 HSE Rims 20inch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RoverMike

Reaction score
So im thinking of investing on some new rims on my Land Rover LR3 HSE it has the original 19 inch my question was if i upgrade and put 20 inch would it affect the air suspension in any way of adjusting the drive on the vehicle... im thinking of putting range rover sport rims size 20 these are the pics.

Attachments

• ImageC.jpg
    ImageC.jpg
    255.6 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You may notice a slightly harsher ride. Make sure the wheels are properly weight rated - above 940kg per wheel if you're in the USA. Also the tires must be rated 111 or higher. I recently put new 20" wheels and tires on my LR3, I settled on 265/50/20 111 tires which are about 1% larger than 19" stock. I am happy with my decision.

bbyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Load rating of LR3 rims is 940 kg

Look about two thirds way down re this link to a couple of files on wheels and ratings.

As per the post above, the 3 is the most heavy Land Rover there is and hence, while other LR wheels will physically fit, they will most likely be of lesser load rating. 20" rims off an LR4 would be rated OK however.

http://www.**************/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=3801

Replace **** with disco3 co uk and insert a period in each of the two spaces.

If you really want differerent wheels, you might try finding some 18" LR3 factory wheels. You probably will not be very successful however as they can be like finding hens teeth. If you did find a factory set, you could probably trade them for 20" LR4 wheels and maybe pick up some change as well. If instead you decided to install the 18" wheels, the ride would improve and most likely the handling on normal roads as well. With the 18", you can then install the narrower 235 65 R18 XL tires and improve winter traction with the appropriate tyre installed.

Last edited:

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put 20" machined stormer wheels with gloss black and Falken ZIEX S/TZ04 in 265/50/20 size. I purchased the set of wheels from a dealer in California, they have a weight rating of 1050kg per wheel which is above the required 940kg per wheel. I actually had purchased two (2) sets of wheels from sellers that promised that the weight rating was above 940kg only to arrive at 700kg. The Falken tires so far are great, they are a major improvement over my goodyear wranglers and were very inexpensive.

IMG_1623.jpg

IMG_1626.jpg

RoverMike

Reaction score
Your LR3 looks really nice with those wheels...... i still havent purchased mine yet i was actually debating on the ones you have on yours but in gun metal finish....another question the size 22 it is pretty big for these kind of vehicles what do u think...

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
22" is too big in my opinion, and the ride quality really drops. The tires I chose have 14mm of tread depth and it's actually a smoother ride now than what I had on my 19"s. We'll see if that holds true in a few months. The wheels I chose are 20 x 9.5 with 45eta offset. This combination sticks out 1.06" further. I was worried it wouldn't look right, but it looks better and I think up to a 40eta offset would be fine. The place I bought my wheels from also sells a machined stormer with gunmetal instead of black. With my D3 being black i wanted the black wheels. If you have a lighter color I bet the machines gunmetal stormer would look good. Pm me if you want the contact info for the place I bought the wheels.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99