2006 LR3 HSe wiring question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ruper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am planning on removing the carpets for a major cleaning via steam or something like it, to remove coffee stains, coke stains, etc. and do some other maintenance/screw/body panel plug/nut/fastener that I can find to repair/replace.
This will require a week time off from work.
I already have a large desiccant container on both sides of the front, after multiple days of drying time just after the discovery with vacuums, fans, heat gun and more fans.

Seemed to work but recheck date is coming up fast.

sonicpix

Reaction score
Sorry for the delayed reply....had to reset pw.

Found on another forum where someone was adamant to look for a red corroded wire. They were right. I couldn't see the actual connection, I just gently tugged red wires and it came right our. Used a heat shrink butt wire connector. Problem is fixed. The photo of the blue tape shows the leftover corroded wiring.

IMG_20200712_1200284.jpg

IMG_20200712_1205465.jpg

IMG_20200712_1218206.jpg

IMG_20200712_1219160.jpg

sonicpix

Reaction score
That looks like a added extra that’s been added by a previous owner.

I don't think it is. The previous owner didn't seem like someone to add things to the vehicle. And according to LR, she did all of her repairs and service at LR. After hunting it down I think it relates to seat belt wiring. I think.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72