2007 LR3 EAS made car raise by itself

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DeDe

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a 2007 LR3. One day I was going out of my parking garage and the bluetooth top piece on the roof hit the overhang in the garage because the car had raised by itself.

Since this problem, it has repeated this auto raising by itself twice.

I called the dealer, since I am leasing, and they said they would not repair it on warranty, which I think is wrong!

I searched the forum and the net, but was unable to find any information about this problem.

If anyone has any info, or recall notices about this problem, I would greatly appreciate knowing.

Thank you...DeDe

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Just a note, sorry about the posting issue... the forum software didn't like something and put it up for moderator approval.

Bluebird

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you sure you are holding the switch back until it locks.
If you just flip it back it can raise by itself.

jak167

Reaction score
Another option, besides failing to lock back height adjustment, would be the third button on your key is programmed to raise the truck. You then may be unknowingly pressing button, raising truck. Manual has instructions on how you can reprogram to the key to do either emergency alarm, raise/lower, or courtesy lights on/off. I have mine programed for lights.

Trynian

Reaction score
Another option, besides failing to lock back height adjustment, would be the third button on your key is programmed to raise the truck. You then may be unknowingly pressing button, raising truck. Manual has instructions on how you can reprogram to the key to do either emergency alarm, raise/lower, or courtesy lights on/off. I have mine programed for lights.

You have to have the emergency flashers on for this to work.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, sorry DeDe but it seems the dealer has nothing to fix. You have to make sure the car is locked in Access Height otherwise it's perfectly normal for it to raise up.

Rix92x

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not to beat a dead horse or to pour salt in the wound or **** others off with cliches.....you also need to maintain a relatively low speed once the truck is locked in access. Exceeding a determined speed will generate a warning on the info/puter and then raise the truck as well.
Sorry to hear about the aggravation

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72