2007 LR3 owners, how has the quality been so far?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
About a year ago, we replaced my wife's MDX with an Audi Q7. We considered the LR3 but the suspension faults, gas tank recall, leaky roofs, transmission clunks and long delays in getting parts scared us away. The Q7 is an awesome vehicle, especially on the road in winter but it isn't that great in sand when driving on a nearby beach. Audi skipped the locking rear differential that is on the Touareg & Cayenne. So, we may revisit the LR3 to replace the Q7. I imagine by now that many of the old issues have been resolved. So, 2007 owners, are you happy with your LR3? Thank you for the feedback!

flysurfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love my 07 LR3 HSE. 2000 miles on it so far and nothing major. Some minor problems (such as sun roof malfunction) were taken care of by my dealer. I would like to take it to off-road but it's so-brand-new:biggrin: - Brian

smuzumdar

Reaction score
Got an 07 LR3 HSE. 1500 miles and no problems as yet. The bluetooth-phone operation is a bit inconsistent (works perfectly with Motorola and Palm phones but is sometimes inconsistent with a Samsung). Not sure if the LR3 is perfectly compatible with Samsung phone. But no mechanical problems as yet.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to chime in on my '05 to let you know we haven't all had problems. Minor problem, still have a bad cooling reservoir float. Other than the OEM tires sucking, that's been it. great truck!

Drew888

Reaction score
Also, an 06 HSE here and only problem has been a hood latch that didn't want to lock (truck has 2 of them).

Still loving it (just not the lousy mileage).

Bluecougar

Reaction score
My 07 LR3 HSE currently has 4500 miles on it and at around 2k miles I had to replace my A/C control unit....

This is my second Land Rover, so I was not surprised that I encountered a problem so soon...

Do I regret buying a Land Rover? Not at all!

GMTIIFAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm with roverman.

I have enjoyed my 05 and have had only minor issues. My biggest disappointment was the tires. I'm actually driving an 07 HSE now while mine is in for service and I believe you will not go wrong with the LR3. The 08 model will have some upgrades inside and out based on what my rep has told me. worth a look.

rsm

Reaction score
2006 HSE- 16,000 miles -Awesome vehicle

My LR3 has been an absolutley great vehicle. I don't do much off roading but I have had no real issues at all! Tires wearing evenly, no speaker rattles even! Can't wait to drive it each day although gas is getting pricey but that isn't a major consideration if you own this car - you knew waht you were getting into from that perspective. I had what i thought was a front end vibration but all i needed was a software update and good to go!

DefenderFanCA

Reaction score
I have a 2006 V8, exactly one year old this week. Perfect, no faults of any kind. Only service has been oil changes.

I have to wonder how much of the LR3 reputation for non-reliability was formed by the 2005. Anyway, I've had cars by Lexus, Honda, and Infiniti, and they all had at least one small problem in the first year. Not my LR, though.

Thirsty devil, however. 14 mpg in town, and 17.5 during sustained highway driving.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9