2008 LR3 Keyless Entry Not Working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KyleSC

Reaction score
Hello

Got an 08 HSE with the keyless entry not working at all. Stopped, then worked once, then no more (both key fobs). Lights were flashing several times at unlock before it stopped working. There is the common water leaking into the passenger door sill. Looked, but no splice could be found on passengers side. No water leak on drivers side. Checked power at the receiver. It has power, and looks like it is sending a signal out when key fob buttons are pressed.

Any thoughts? Does someone know the routing of signal wires to lock/unlock doors.

DPetty2994

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Following...

Our fob sometimes cuts in/out--think it's the common solder issue.

DPetty2994

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Fobs I mean... It would seem unlikely that BOTH fobs would malfunction/battery die at the same time--but it is possible...

KyleSC

Reaction score
I checked volts comming off of the blue wire while plugged into receiver. If I remember correctly when lock was pressed volts dropped from around 2 to 1 volt.

KyleSC

Reaction score
Not sure if that would be working correctly. Just saw the difference in voltage when key fob button was depressed. Would like to try the signal farther down the line to see if it stopped somewhere. The green wire does have 12 volts on it.

Have not checked to see if fobs are working correctly. I’m thinking signal should be received if receiver volts change.

Thanks for everyone’s assistance.

Rover2042

Reaction score
I had a similar issue on my 2006 LR3, I purchased the replacement battery on Amazon, and carefully soldered the new one on the key fob, haven't had any issues since.

I had found a water leak on my passenger side compartment, do to the windshield cowl seal. As the water went down the windshield on the passenger side it would get under the windshield cowl and drain straight into the interior fan compartment leaking water onto the passenger floor compartment.

Good Luck

Gnomad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had some trouble with my key, it came to me with the buttons worn out so I swapped the fob case with one of the ebay ones. Was still having trouble with erratic operation so I folded up some electrical tape and put it under the battery for some extra support, did the job.

KyleSC

Reaction score
Just thought I would give an update. The blue signal wire from CJB to receiver had somehow been severed or worn. Spliced in a new wire to the receiver and problem solved.

I'm probably one of two people this has ever happened to, but something to check if you cannot solve your keyless entry not working.

ffinn

Reaction score
My 08 HSE is having the same issue with the remotes not locking and unlocking the doors. I just replaced the receiver above the headliner and still the same problem. Do you remember where the break in the wire was located? I noticed it runs from the receiver to driver's side of the car.

Thanks, Frank

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut