2008 Range Rover Button HELP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Deutsch100

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

Just took delivery of a 2008 Range Rover today. There is a button under the steering column, right about the gas & brake pedals. It is somewhat flat, and there are 2 arrows (pointing left and right). When either arrow is pushed, the whole cars makes "electronic" sounds, and the dash board illuminates, the Navi screen flashes and it sounds like the doors lock & unlock (but they don't)

Can't find this button described in the manual. Can someone please help. I've pushed it so many times, I do not know what I have done, changed, re-set.

THANK YOU!

Deutsch100

Reaction score
Awww, c'mon guys. 16 views, no replies! No Range Rover button brainiacs on the forum?? :) Thanks.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry, I know I for one am not that fimilar with the newer LR products... more of a D1/D2 RRC and 96 - 02 RR kind of guy.

If you call your dealer or a dealer I would hope they would be able to tell you what it is there for.

Deutsch100

Reaction score
Car at dealer to fix broken front and rear Park Distance control :( S**t, only had the car 1 day!! Oh well, could be worse. Anyway, the button is not for "consumers". It is used to turn off accessories when the cars are being shipped on the boat. Once the car has been thru PDI, then it is somewhat inactive, although it makes funny sounds, lights and noises when pushed.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Interesting, so they have a button that you are not to use, but it is out in the somewhat open where you will get curious and push it...

Glad it wasn't a Bond film... (BANG) car explodes.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rendak