2009 Revisions to LR3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Slam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The eye-catching exterior revisions for 2009 add fresh refinement to the acclaimed exterior design – incorporating new front and rear body colour bumpers, body coloured wheel arches and revised exterior detailing. The pure and clean exterior design has been refined with a re-profiled front bumper, (body coloured on all models), and revised rear bumper and wheel arches, which are body coloured (standard on all passenger carrying derivatives). The distinctive, asymmetric two-piece tailgate now comes with body coloured tailgate lift handle and the attention to detail continues with the revised 'tungsten' coloured side vent, 'tungsten' door handles, and clear-lens side repeaters across the range. A new 19-inch 7-spoke wheel style and three new exterior metallic paint colours – Santorini Black, Galway Green and Bournville [black with a hint of brown] – complete the exterior changes for 2009. Interior upgrades include a new ‘almond’ trim colour and an updated Bluetooth system.

r'elise me

Reaction score
Just saw the 1st one today at the dealer when I purchased my new 2008 black HSE for $16k below sticker. Certainly looks more refined for 09, much more so in the lighter colors with the color matched wheel arches and bumper corners. In the end, the changes looks slight, almost unnoticable in the dark paint colors. The almond interior is less lively than the slightly yellower alpaca 08 color. Option list is less package oriented, more a la carte, but basically the same stuff.

lrrb

Reaction score
Wow, $16k below sticker. I'm shopping for a new 2008 LR3, may I ask where you got this deal? Any idea what the '09's are going for?

Also, does anyone know what was updated on the Bluetooth system? Thanks.

r'elise me

Reaction score
I got my HSE at Hornburg Santa Monica. They have one more black 08 base model (not HSE). The 09's are stickered a bit lower than 08's due to option packages being more alla carte, but a similarly eqpd model is basically the same cost as 08 but just not discounted steeply. According to Hornburg, you wont see ANY discounting until more 09's come off the boat. There are still very few at the docks. 08 inventory is very sparse as well. I couldn't find a black or white HSE with the options I wanted anywhere in the western states so I took a basically stripped HSE (sticker almost 56k). What a jem this car is! Took it offroad deep desert sand with lots of incline and it just ate it up in perfect style. Why anyone would purchase a Japanese SUV for more money than this car is incomprehensible.

lrrb

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. So you paid $40k and the '09's (once they come in) are going for about the same? Any idea when more '09's will be coming in?

Also, any idea what the '09 Bluetooth upgrade is?

r'elise me

Reaction score
Nope. I paid $39k for an HSE with only option being Sirius, Java Black paint, floor mats. The sticker was $56k about. The 09's are going for close to sticker from what I understand.

WayneHntr

Reaction score
I was at the Land Rover show room today and picked up the 2009 LR3 brochure. It's horrible. Plus, because it was so poorly written - I couldn't tell if they took out the iPod / MP3 inputs as standard or they made it part of the rear seat DVD package (which was the only place mp3 was mentioned). Tried to go to landroverusa to clarify, but they still haven't updated the site to the 09's.

Having a crappy uninformative brochure is not a good way to sell cars -- just my op.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM