2010 LR2 Passenger Airbag Light under warranty in shop for 4 months help..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jillian

Reaction score
:eek:
Hello.. New to forum. Hoping to get help/answers re 2010 LR2 still under
Extended warranty.. Airbag passenger light coming on while passenger is
Seated.. Dealer was claiming it was the position in how passenger was seated?!

I have had up to 12 loaner cars since Jan 2013. It is now almost June..
Since its taking so long and problem not corrected.. Looking
To purchase lease evoque @42 mos. I was sent home with one they say they can put me in.. 5 door evoque pure 2013.

Anyone have any advice on getting price/payment
Lower due to problems I've had.. Doesn't seem like dealer is listening to my needs.. Just want to sell a car. I have used this dealer for awhile & love the service end. I was shocked to drive away and look up to find no sunroof..:/
Apparently it's the base model and the color I hoped for is not in stock
Saying it would cost 1100.00 to get the color I wanted delivered..

Just really frustrated. I have looked into 'lemon law'
It is covered since vehicle I have was purchased new & under warranty.
Thank you for letting me rant here..!
Please help

RoverGuy7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's been in the shop for an Occupancy Classifacation Sensor issue for 4 months??? It's a simple system. There's a gel filled bladder that displaces the fluid when pressure is applied, which creates a pressure reading from the sensor. The reading is then sent to the OCS module, which calculates the pressure reading and determines the amount of weight that is in the seat. There is a sensor in the seat belt, at the fixed end, that measures the amount of force the belt is being pulled on, which is also sent to the OCS module. The second, belt, pressure is subtracted from the first, seat coushin, pressure to determine the actual weight in the seat. Past that it is simple switches, and a communications buss.

What dealership is it at?

Every state has different Lemon Laws, and I am sorry that that may be your option at this point, for what honestly should not, by any means, be something that should take this long.

I know none of this helps your situation, or answers your question, but I am somewhat surprised at the lack of resolution here.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM