2010 LR4 Bluetooth? Apple CarPlay ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jjsoll

Reaction score
I’ve had a 2010 LR4 for about 8 years and have loved it! I wish it had Bluetooth for streaming my Spotify and for Google maps and Spotify. I’ve been using an add-on device that plugs into the Land Rover propriety plug in the center console. It works about 50% of the time. It’s super glitchy. Has anyone had success with another solution? Is there a later LR4 Apple Car play upgrade to a LR stereo or does it have to be aftermarket? Has anyone gone aftermarket for a stereo upgrade and has has that gone? Thanks!

ftillier

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 2012 supports Bluetooth, just not car play or Android auto. You have to set the audio input to your phone to get voice directions from nav in my experience.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Before the confusion sets in on this thread, do a search on this topic. It has been discussed a lot.

In short, there are a few ways to get carplay, and a few ways to replace the head unit. All of them require a bit of work, including ripping the dash apart.

defiant

Reaction score
Like the previous poster says, it has been discussed at great length on some of the options in the forum, but I'll drop in a quick and easy way that I did on mine for simple bluetooth play. The bovee1000 that is sold on amazon works every time for me. The only draw back I have found is if I'm leaving the car it will stay connected to the car fora long time, preventing me from playing or listening until the bovee decides to go to sleep or if I happen to open a door when working in the garage it will connect to the bovee preventing me from using my garage speaker for a few mins.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petrhick