Which one would you go?

• New genuine

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • New aftermarket

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • Used genuine

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tonyrover90

Reaction score
Looking for recommendation guys, things are my 2011 Disco 4 cat converter need to be replaced so options are:

1) Genuine parts ($3k/ea)
2) Used ones: I found used parts from 2006 Disco 3 which $500/ea so would they fit mine?

Anyone had same model available just let me know. I’m in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Thanks a lot for your helps

scott schmerge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking for recommendation guys, things are my 2011 Disco 4 cat converter need to be replaced so options are:

2) Used ones: I found used parts from 2006 Disco 3 which $500/ea so would they fit mine?

Anyone had same model available just let me know. I’m in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Thanks a lot for your helps

how many miles? That’s not something I’ve heard of folks needing (unless some pos cut them out). Did you have a too rich situation or failed injectors that you drove with?

I’d check carparts.com for a salvage set of cats. It’s a good source I’ve found- wide variety of pricing so sort by price and find something you are comfortable with.

guessing the 4.4 engine cats would not be compatible but could be wrong

DonC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine failed earlier this year after my fuel injectors failed on my 11 LR4. I looked around at OEM ones and then called my local muffler shop who has done some work on my D2, Evoque, and RAM in the past. The quoted me $1200 for new cats which seemed like a really good deal vs the stealership. I asked what type of converters they would use and they mentioned a company called AP based out of the east coast of the US. After some research and contacting the company about the proper part number I found they actually sold a "kit" that would supposedly be a direct bolt in for about $300USD each side. This is what I ordered and installed. Not an exact fit and I did need to go to the muffler shop for them to adjust one pipe but I also had them cut out the center and forward mufflers. These were replaced with a single magnaflow. Result: 22mpg on the highway and a mellow sound when on the gas. Quiet when at speed or idle. Almost 1 year now and no complaints.

Catalytic Converter Left AP Exhaust 644161

Catalytic Converter Right AP Exhaust 644162 | eBay

Last edited:

ar077

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Does it have to be a stock Land Rover cat? You might be able to find a legal replacement aftermarket cat (for much less money) that would be close enough in size for a custom exhaust shop to make it fit.

Six months after buying my new Duramax diesel truck I replaced the stock 3" exhaust with a 5" MBRP downpipe-back exhaust. I also replaced the stock cat with a 5" Magnaflow Center Spun catalytic converter. I had the system professionally installed (and welded) by Performance Muffler in Las Vegas. The job they did is a work of art and the exhaust is still rock solid and like new after 14 years (rust is a non-issue here).

DonC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Magnaflow

Sadly magnaflow PN 21-717 and 21-716 have been in the "part coming soon" status now for a long time. Not certain if a generic magnaflow cat would just drop in or not. I really wish they would make them soon. I have been running mangaflow cats on my d2 since i installed them in 2010.

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lets start at the beginning. Who said your cat needed replacing?