2011 RR Vogue TDV8 Battery Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vittorio01

Reaction score
Hello All, I currently have a 2011 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 which has been very reliable and great to drive. However, one issue that I find is that when you are packing or unpacking the car and have the doors open the battery goes flat very quickly and a warning comes up on the dash to tell you that the battery is low and to start the car. The obvious answer is to keep the engine running whilst loading the car but that is not always practical in the garage or in confined spaces. The battery itself is still good. I realise there are heaps of electrics working off the battery but does anyone have any advice?

Regards and thanks in advance.

MilehighLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Vittorio,

Sorry for hijacking your post, I'm a Landy guy but have some experience with batteries . . . .your situation seems odd. The batteries are designed to provide a couple of hours of power at a fairly high current draw. My guess is that your battery is either not receiving an adequate amount of recharge (this can occur if your typical drive is short) or is perhaps near its end of life. It is not typical for a battery to fail in two-three years of service but it is also not completely unheard of.

An easy method to troubleshoot this would be to take it to an auto parts store and ask them to check the battery and the charging system. The devices they use are fairly good at culling out the culprit.

Bryan N

Reaction score
Is your TDV8 in the VIN range LM306631 and LM334416?

If so, check with your LR dealer if Service Action Q159 factory recall has been accomplished on your car. That resolves rapid battery drain issues.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM