2012 LR4 decontenting?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

30309guy

Reaction score
I just purchased a 2012 LR4 HSE LUX to replace my 2010 LR4 HSE LUX and have noted some anomalies and wanted to know if this is something that is across the board. My 2010 had adaptive front lighting and auto high beam. Though these are still listed in the owners manual, they have been decontented from my vehicle (built 11/28/2011) and the website no longer lists them as part of the option packages. Anyone out there have a 2012 with these features?

waltzonice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just purchased a 2012 LR4 HSE LUX to replace my 2010 LR4 HSE LUX and have noted some anomalies and wanted to know if this is something that is across the board. My 2010 had adaptive front lighting and auto high beam. Though these are still listed in the owners manual, they have been decontented from my vehicle (built 11/28/2011) and the website no longer lists them as part of the option packages. Anyone out there have a 2012 with these features?
I believe these are part of the Vision Package starting the 2011 model year. I have a 2011 Lux, but also purchased the $1200 Vision Package on top of that. That gives you the surround cameras, adaptive front lighting, auto high beam, and tow assist.

30309guy

Reaction score
Yes, I think we just figured this out. My dealer didn't even know. They refuse to order any of the Vision Assist package because they thought it was only the surround cameras. Now I have a new vehicle that cost $2k more than my last (with the "same" equipment (packages)) but with fewer features and features that I really like and wanted.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Personally, I think the Lux should have all those features standard for 2012.... The Vision Assist package should only be the surround cameras. I'm sorry to hear about this, that stinks. I am not sure what you can do?

30309guy

Reaction score
Yeah, I have no idea why they moved those two items (which were previously included in the LUX package) to the VA package. Anyway, they are ordering me one, exactly like I have now (LUX, RES, SIR) with the VAS. It should be here before May. Maybe they'll have come out with some fix to the TERRIBLE performance of the new stereo/nav system that takes 3-5 seconds to react whenever you push a button. Grrr.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I have no idea why they moved those two items (which were previously included in the LUX package) to the VA package. Anyway, they are ordering me one, exactly like I have now (LUX, RES, SIR) with the VAS. It should be here before May. Maybe they'll have come out with some fix to the TERRIBLE performance of the new stereo/nav system that takes 3-5 seconds to react whenever you push a button. Grrr.
Wow - so they are returning your new one for another one? Or, did you have to buy this new one as a replacement? Yikes!

I was curious about the 2012 stereo/nav interface, as it looks a lot more intuitive, but riddled with problems. 3-5 seconds - wow! I have a 2011 LR4 and the interface is a bit difficult to use at times, but once you get to know it, it works fine. It's really fast!

Best of luck!

-David

overblown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unless there is something seriously wrong with yours, 3-5 seconds is way off. Mine takes nowhere near that long. I do wish that the I Pod interface was faster though. It seems to be the thing that takes the longest. A scrollable screen like a smart phone would be perfect.

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score

just out of curiosity, why did you want to replace the 2010? I beleive the only difference is the updated nav/entertainment interface. Was there any issues with the 2010?

hentar

Reaction score
Greetings everyone, I'm learning about the Rover family of vehicles. I like both the RR and the 2012 LR4. However it is hard to find favorable reviews concerning the reliability of both.

Most aren't good any insight regarding the LR4 2010 and above would help

Thanks

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM