2012 LR4 TPMS fault showing...Plus Amber Triangle...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MarcusTriton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A TPMS right rear flat tire fault and an Amber Triangle is showing on my dash cluster...All tire pressures are good(35psi)...Is this triggered by applying a different air pressure to all tires...Is there a reset button or a reset fix on the menu... If it is the TPM on the right rear tire, how do would you diagnosis it and is it a DYI job? Thanks in advance for any help...

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
35 psi isn't the correct tire pressure. Look inside your doorsill. It's 38 front and 42 rear, I believe. At least with 19" wheels.

MarcusTriton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have brand new 19" wheels...I'll try those pressures... Thank you very much for your prompt reply...

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In my experience, once the TPMS light went on, you have to get it to the recommended pressure and not a single psi below for the light to go back off.

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On a tangentially related note, my LR4 gave me a TPMS warning the other day but I suspected it was due to a battery dying out. These are the used winter wheels I bought in Dec 2013, so who knows how old the batteries are (could be 12 years old). Sure enough, the next time I drove the car, it specifically told me it could not monitor the front right wheel and when I hit "ok," the warning went away for good. I plan to do exactly nothing about this since my winter tires, despite being on their eight season, probably only have ~15k miles on them and it's it's not worth it to me to buy and install new sensors for these wheels.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I disabled mine when I went to the Defender steelies and couldn't find an option I liked with them.

It also gives me an excuse to use my ARB tire pressure gage and compressor every now and then.

MarcusTriton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In my experience, once the TPMS light went on, you have to get it to the recommended pressure and not a single psi below for the light to go back off.
35 psi isn't the correct tire pressure. Look inside your doorsill. It's 38 front and 42 rear, I believe. At least with 19" wheels.
Well today I did the tire psi check and found out the fronts were at 30psi and rears at 36psi. I inflated them to manual spec.(same as door tag spec.) 36 psi front, 42 psi rear, as manual recommended for both 19"and 20" Tires) and the dash tire warning light and amber triangle both went out. So happy...but embarrassed at the same time...Thank you ryanjl

MarcusTriton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On a tangentially related note, my LR4 gave me a TPMS warning the other day but I suspected it was due to a battery dying out. These are the used winter wheels I bought in Dec 2013, so who knows how old the batteries are (could be 12 years old). Sure enough, the next time I drove the car, it specifically told me it could not monitor the front right wheel and when I hit "ok," the warning went away for good. I plan to do exactly nothing about this since my winter tires, despite being on their eight season, probably only have ~15k miles on them and it's it's not worth it to me to buy and install new sensors for these wheels.
Interesting....the message I got was to "hit ok to clear message" but that did not remove the warning symbols and the warning message would came on again every time I started the truck, but what you said is still good to know info, Thanks.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72