Amber Adaptive Front Lighting System blinking but not in CCF

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KeninNC

Reaction score
2015 USA LR4 with 3.0 V6 Petrol

I have an interesting issue with the flashing Amber Adaptive front lighting system.

I purchased a wrecked LR4 from a salvage auction. The airbags did not go off but it needed a replacement hood, grill, lights, bumper and front wheel arches. After fitting these all is good except the flashing amber light on the instrument cluster.

The LR4 is a HSE Luxury so I assumed it had adaptive lights.

While putting it back together I was getting error codes from my Gap IID tool

B1D64-87 (AF) Motor operation malfunction of left actuator - Bus signal/message failure - missing a message

B1D65-87 (AF) Motor operation malfunction of right actuator - Bus signal/message failure - missing a message

Due to the adaptive headlights being so expensive ($2,800 US dollars new) and ($1,500 US dollars used) my plans were to buy just xenon and then change the CCF file and turn off the Adaptive Headlights using the Gap IID tool.

I was able to find a used left headlight with adaptive for a reasonable price but not the right side, so I purchased just xenon for the right side.

I am still getting code B1D65-87 for the right side.

Here is where I need some help.

After purchasing a licence for the Gap tool for the LR4 so I could change the CCF file the settings show Adaptive Lights are not configured. I did change the setting to configured and then back to not configured hoping this may solve the issue but I am still getting the flashing amber adaptive front lighting system warning.

Any thoughts?

f1racer328

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have both headlights plugged in yet?

There might be more than one CCF setting as well.

KeninNC

Reaction score
Both headlights work fine. High beam, low beam, auto turn on and auto turn off works correctly.

The only other CCF setting seem to be:

Auto High Beam 1: fitted

Auto high beam 2: enabled

Auto high beam 3 Current: North America

iSheeZ

Reaction score
Auto High Beam is not for Adaptive headlights, it's just high beam and depend on your interior mirror:

gh-2GRR7Ztx0N4o8eE5LjsI0p4Q-960.jpg

For Adaptive Headlights you need that:
-Adaptive front lighting system = Fitted OR Not fitted
-Headlights, type = Advanced front lighting system with adjuster OR Gas discharge lights with auto adjuster

KeninNC

Reaction score
Yes I agree on adaptive vs automatic.

I’m looking for other settings I could change

I’m not seeing Headlight type with adjuster or gas discharge lights with adaptive

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72