Amber Check Engine Light ON

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AZRoverLR4wm

Reaction score
Question for the forum: was driving my 2014 LR4 HSE LUX, and my amber check engine light came on solid. Truck seemed to run just fine with no noticeable issues. Went home and plugged in my Gap ID II tool. Didn’t notice any unusual faults, at least no faults I had not seen before.
Cleared faults and now after restarting the vehicle, no more check engine light. (Might come back on after a little bit of driving. Time will tell.)
Attached are screenshots of the before faults reset, and the after faults reset. Is there anything that you see that would cause a check engine light to come on?
Should I have done any other tests with the Gap ID tool?
A thought: If you don’t reset the service required message, would that cause the check engine light to illuminate?
Gas cap tight.
Any thoughts, comments or advice appreciated!
Thank you,
Bob

Attachments

• IMG_1802.png
    IMG_1802.png
    197 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_1803.png
    IMG_1803.png
    62.2 KB · Views: 67

Jimmy Brooks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats a little odd... These trucks are finicky, I would wait till it comes back, check codes frequently so you can rule out the codes that aren't causing it but my bet is that the transfer case code may have set it off.

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Clean your MAFs. If that doesn't work run a can of BG44K through the gas tank.

AZRoverLR4wm

Reaction score
Update: cleared all faults using the GAP tool. Pulled both MAF sensors and sprayed with MAF cleaner. Gassed up and put a bottle of BG44K cleaner in the tank. 75 miles later still no check engine light reoccurrence.. success! (So far)..
I find this odd because;
1- I only put Chevron 91 octane gas in the tank. Tier 1 fuel with Techron..
2- The MAF sensors visually looked very clean.
Not sure I really did anything, but for now the issue is solved.
Thanks for the support!

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gasoline has nothing to do with the MAFs, only air stream. A little quick gentle spray usually does the trick. If that does not work I move to the 44K. One of those every 3 years or so.

ftillier

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the question was why the BG44K in the tank would be needed if using a top-tier gas?

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The **** head delivering the gas to the station forgot to put the secret Chevron vial of techron into the bulk generic gas?

44K is magic, don't question it lol.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72