2012 Updates

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

30309guy

Reaction score
I don’t know. May be I just did not pay attention... The only thing I notice is changing songs on iPod - about 3 seconds, which is ok...
Other then that it is pretty adequate… Yes, it could be instant, but that is not too bad to drive me nuts… And that is pretty easy thing to do… :)

That's interesting. I'm hoping they've changed something or I just had a bad one when I switch to my new one with VAX, which is supposed to be here in April.

30309guy

Reaction score
I had my voice command button activated by my dealer recently (they needed to prod LRUSA a bit), and to be honest, I don't find myself using it anyway. My main goal was to be able to use it to operate the phone hands-free, but between unintuitive commands, poor voice recognition, and the need to program all phone numbers into the vehicle's proprietary address book (to use the voice command function), I'm still just touching the screen on my iphone to make calls. In one of my other cars I have a 4-year old aftermarket Parrot hands free system (cost about $400 with installation and runs through the car's speakers) - I have yet to see an OEM hands-free phone system that can even touch the ease of use of that system. (1. Push button - 2. "call [person] [home/office/mobile]" - 3. phone starts ringing through speakers - so simple and it works right off the connected phone's address book)

As for the touch screen, I find the controls on my 2011 to be pretty responsive as well - surprised to hear about such long delays on the 'revamped' 2012 interface.

That is where the new system in the '12 shines. The voice command system is AWESOME and even shows a list of commands on the screen when you hit the speak button. I find all of my addresses, call history, etc is loaded through bluetooth within about 15 seconds of it finding it.

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had my voice command button activated by my dealer recently (they needed to prod LRUSA a bit), and to be honest, I don't find myself using it anyway. My main goal was to be able to use it to operate the phone hands-free, but between unintuitive commands, poor voice recognition, and the need to program all phone numbers into the vehicle's proprietary address book (to use the voice command function), I'm still just touching the screen on my iphone to make calls. In one of my other cars I have a 4-year old aftermarket Parrot hands free system (cost about $400 with installation and runs through the car's speakers) - I have yet to see an OEM hands-free phone system that can even touch the ease of use of that system. (1. Push button - 2. "call [person] [home/office/mobile]" - 3. phone starts ringing through speakers - so simple and it works right off the connected phone's address book)

As for the touch screen, I find the controls on my 2011 to be pretty responsive as well - surprised to hear about such long delays on the 'revamped' 2012 interface.

with the iphone 4S, the SIRI works through blue tooth and that is the best voice recognition ever. I haven't used the LR voice commands since.

goblue95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
with the iphone 4S, the SIRI works through blue tooth and that is the best voice recognition ever. I haven't used the LR voice commands since.

but do you still have to press the button on the iphone to activate Siri? I think that's what I've read in the past on this forum -- the best scenario would be if the voice command button on the steering wheel could automatically activate Siri, so that I never have to take the phone out of my pocket.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM