2013 LR4 Heated Windscreen - only passenger side is working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mhuey

Reaction score
Hi all - I had a chip on the drivers side of the heated windscreen (Fuyao) that I thought had broken the circuit on that side. The passenger side was working fine, but not the drivers side. Thinking it was the glass, I recently had Safelite recently replaced the glass with another Fuyao (I know, probably should have got genuine Pilkington), and unfortunately the passenger side still works but the drivers side does not. I tried replacing fuses, and according to fuse documentation that I'm finding it appears engine compartment fuse box slots 15 and/or 18 (both 30A) support the heated windscreen. As I went to replace them, I found that oddly slot 15 seems to be an empty slot in my fuse box. Does that make sense? Am I missing something?

I go into the mountains weekly in the winter so hoping to get this resolved, and local Seattle shops (including dealers) say they couldn't get it looked at until March due to staffing issues. Thank you for any advice!

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Similar problem but it is the passenger side that does not work. I believe you should have two fuses. 30A ones have partially melted the box before blowing so I have not screwed with it since. I suspect a short in the wiring itself. Easy way would be to pull fuses, switch window on and check with a multimeter if you have power on both slots.

Which brings me to a complaint. It has been really cold lately (-30) but our humidity is low so really don't have much use for front/rear defrost most of the time. Unfortunately everytime vehicle is started below 4C the window defrosts are on automatically. The steering wheel heat isn't sticky (on when vehicle turned off and is off when vehicle is restarted). Wheel should be on and those damn windows off lol.

JARentDTOM

Reaction score
If the fuses are good, I would look look to see if they connected it all the way under the inside pillar covers. I had the same issue and they just didn’t seat the electrical connectors all the way.

DaytonaRS7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Search my thread about heated windshield.

Purchased my car used and it had a fuyao windshield. It was melting fuses to the point I had to disassemble my fuse box to remove and clean out the fuse slot.
i eventually had it replaced with oem plikington, and it works like a charm.

You may have a different issue though.

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good to know. My Fuyao pops passenger fuses but drivers seems ok. The Pilk before it did the same thing. Quite scary as the uprated fuses Land Rover recommended partially melted the fuse box.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72