2013 Range Rover - Leather Seating No Piping???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The new Range Rover IMO is beautiful... but why doesn't it have leather seats with the signature piping? I'm not even seeing contrast stitching. Am I missing something? It is not offered on the build my Range Rover configuration - and I can't even find one photo of the seats with piping. Does anyone know? Does anyone care? Personally, this is what makes the Range Rover interior signature IMO... without piping it's just another luxury interior. It doesn't speak and it doesn't say Range Rover. I'm upset by this. It's branding. :argh:

horns

Reaction score
Don't know and can't say. But what I can tell you is that when I dropped my LR4 off today for it's first annual service, hidden in the back of the service bay they had a brand spankin new Range Rover HSE. I was not sold on the new look based on the pictures I have seen previously (too ford explorer-ish IMO), but I'm a believer now. This is one nice truck. I was most impressed with the interior. The lines are clean and the "un-piped" leather is nice. I agree that the contrasted leather is a great touch. I am sure it will come later.
Service rep told me that these will not be hitting the street for several more weeks. This was in early for an "unveiling" promo in 2 weeks.
unfortunately I got a mercury for the loaner and not the '13 range !!!

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't wait to see this truck in person - it's a marvel if you ask me. They did an amazing job with it. Not quite sure why they dropped the piping, I think that was a HUGE mistake on their part... but hey, they obviously crunched the numbers and did their market research and probably found data that stated that a majority didn't like it. Beyond me. But the LR is beautiful regardless. I want one.

Cpa4S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
in canada only the autobiography has deviated stitching