LR4/3, Range Rover, and Disco Seats (Interchangeable?)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigBriDogGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lately I've been admiring the look of two-tone seats and reddish brown seats that I have seen in other Land Rover models for sale online (mostly Range Rover). Don't get me wrong, My seats are great, heated and all that. In really good condition. Just your basic black, but goes well with the rest of the interior.

I've seen threads on swapping out steering wheels. Was wondering if anyone knew about seats. They all look pretty close to the same configuration across various Land Rover models (and even years). One practical consideration is the Range Rover middle row seats have cup holders in the back of the center section when folded down. The LR4 has ones near the floor at the back of the center console that aren't easily accessible and too wide/not deep enough to hold most drinks securely and keep them from spilling. (But mostly it's the cool two-tone seat colors that drives my interest).

LB Bill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not likely, other than LR3, LR4 --> LR4 (for Windsor leather or color). Especially considering what the LR4 second row seats do. Articulate for fold flat and for access to the third row. There was a LR4 Metropolis model that I think had two-toned Windsor seats.

BigBriDogGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's not on the top of my "to do" list, but I will let you know what I find out. My thought is you may be able to swap out the leather-covered cushions rather than pulling the entire seat mechanisms.

Where I really see this as a possibility is if I get into a Disco II. I've been doing an exhaustive search of what's out there. I've found a few that are pretty close to what I'd like to build. It would be cheaper (and easier) to buy them pre-modified than to do it myself. Some guys have put more time, money, and effort into their rigs than they ever will be worth. When they go to sell, you can pick them up for pennies on the dollar when you factor in the cost of all the repairs and upgrades.

But I am looking to take on a project where I can learn by doing and enjoy a sense of personal accomplishment. At the end of the day, I want to feel like I really "own" the rig, not just because I paid for it but because I have my fingerprints all over it - literally. Given that fact, I'm gravitating towards something that is more rough and neglected than clean and nice. I'll be able to get into it cheaper and most of the stuff that's messed up about it will be replaced anyhow. Seats included.

Jimmy Brooks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish! Let me know if you figure out how to put L322 ventilated seats in there.

Ventilated seats would be a dream come true, my rig is black and you know how California gets. There would have to be some serious work done to get ventilated seats into these cars tho. I’m pretty sure they would have to have a module of sorts and all that jazz.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72