2013 Trade-Ins

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

magnumforc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The value of 2013 LR4's has been amazing, at least here in Southern California. Dealers, yes dealers, are willing to post pricing as high as 57K for 2013 LR4 HSE LUX packages with very low mileage (5K and less). I lament I let mine go for a bit over 52K in October, but find that even 6 months later the values for used ones have increased. I have added the heavy duty package which does not show up in the valuations, but is about a $750 option in any case.

I believe that is simply because of the want for the V8 engine, maybe even helped along for some by the cheaper fuel pricing that we now have. The fuel costs never were considered in my buying, but maybe for some. We still have a 2013 HSE and are keeping it but good to know they have lost so little of the original value!

Not many vehicles can sing that praise in todays economy. Check out the values posted in the Kelly Blue Book for comparison and hard to believe they also compare to dealer offerings. Wild times for the LR4!

Last edited:

ramajama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are all over the board in my area (heartland), depending on dealership or sale by owner. My local dealership cant seem to keep the used 10, 11 and 12s in stock because of the low prices, There seems to be a BIG gap bewen those years and the 13. The Certified used 13 I drove 3 weeks ago is still at the delaership and they want $54,800 (discounted) with 28K miles. HSE w/lux. While they have a 11 with 52k miles for $35,000.
And a 14 with 10K miles for $60,000. Not a ton of difference between the 13 and 14. Yep, The 13s are still holding value.

Last edited:

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While they have a 11 with 52k miles for $35,000.

FWIW, I paid $38,000 for an '11 HSE w/30K miles. This was one year ago in the DC market. It was purchased from the preowned inventory of a large Chevy/Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge dealer. The local LR dealers didn't have anything close and were charging a lot more for higher mileage vehicles of the same model year. They may have been averse to cannibalizing their new inventory or screwing up the delta between used/new pricing whereas my dealer was primarily driven by moving units? Just a guess.

My vehicle just passed 50K miles and I still think it's worth every bit of $35K! (per the one in your area)

PeterA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thankful every day

I got my 13 Lux with the Black Pack and HD radio 15 months ago from a Mercedes dealer in DC for $51K. It was 6 months old with 12K miles and without a flaw. The dealer said it was traded in and just hit their website that day. I looked at the pictures, saw the car fax, gave him $1000 to hold it and was on a plane the next morning. I got very lucky.

Derman

Reaction score
It does seem like these are holding their value well.

My wife has an HSE LUX on order, which has given us time to look around at used ones. I'm in Northern California and my local dealer is even advertising low mileage 2014's for above MSRP. Since I travel a bit and have the opportunity to purchase one just about anywhere, my thought was that if I could find a used one with low miles that matched my wife's criteria, I would consider it. After a couple of months of looking, the one on order is likely going to be my best option.

Another five weeks of waiting...

ramajama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can someone tell me what the big differences there are from say, 11-13? Didn't the 13 get some updated technology features?

There's got to be something that quantifies the hold in value and the big gap in price that I'm seeing.

atlantaM3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2013. From my understanding it is functionally identical to the 2012. The big option seemed to be the additional interior colors for the Lux versions. There may be something else though.

pharden

Reaction score
I have been looking around for a 2013 LR4 for my wife but as the prices are generally in the low to mid 50k I ended up ordering a 2015 for her. It seemed getting a LR 4 that is two model years newer with no miles for $7k or so more is worth it. Hers should be here in a couple of weeks. I hope I don't miss the V-8.

ramajama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been looking around for a 2013 LR4 for my wife but as the prices are generally in the low to mid 50k I ended up ordering a 2015 for her. It seemed getting a LR 4 that is two model years newer with no miles for $7k or so more is worth it. Hers should be here in a couple of weeks. I hope I don't miss the V-8.

Well for the difference, I'd probably buy a 14 or 15 if they didn't have a V6. I'm not a fan of smaller forced induction engines in big vehicles (especially for my needs of towing, there's no replacement for displacement)Give me a V8. So I'm REALY hoping to find a 13 for under 50k. We'll see....

Last edited:

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A Toyota dealership offered me $65,000 for my 2013 HSE Lux, Fuji White with black-design package, HD package, and a lot of modifications. I have 14,500 miles on it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM