2014-2016 model buying question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wportervt

Reaction score
I always see the 2013 recommended but I specifically went with 2015+ for a few reasons. First, I love the radar cruise, had it on my 2010 Autobiography and my Toyota Sequoia before that. Second, I live in Boulder, CO and the power loss at altitude is quite noticeable. My 2006 RR feels like a bit of a dog, my 2010 Supercharged 5.0 was amazing, but when faced with a 5.0 non-supercharged or a 3.0 supercharged I chose the 3.0 due to the ease of getting some of that power back. I put a tune and an overdrive pulley on it and now it gets up and goes just fine. Third, I love the 8 speed transmission. Even with my 2010 RR having over 500hp it still would start "chugging" up steep tight turns (which there are quite a few of in the mountains) at speeds around 15mph. It would shift up a gear, but not quite have the power to pull the gear smoothly. No such issues with the 8 speed.
Can you tell me more about the tune and overdrive pulley you added to your LR4? We are moving from a '10 to a '15 and I am a little concerned about what we are losing in power from the V8 but hopeful that the forced induction will compensate for it at elevation as we are in Colorado as well.

backcountryLR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I second this.^^^ I have a little over a year left on my warranty, and also live and drive at 5k-8k feet elevation and would be curios about this setup in the future.

speedkills

Reaction score
I got this kit http://www.velocityap.com/Jaguar-Land-Rover-3-0L-5-0L-Supercharger-Pulley-p/vel-jagftypecp.htm

Not a ton to say, pulley replacement is a 6 hour job at book rate. Adds a nice boost. You'll feel like you're at sea level again.

You need a windows laptop or something like a laptop running bootcamp to flash the tune. If you ever go back to the dealer you need to revert the tune to stock in order to prevent the dealer corrupting your ECU if they reflash it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72