2014 LR4 lux delivery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya, I don't quite get it. They didnt like the knob so they went to a simple rocker button, but then they didnt like the shifter, so they went to a knob?!?

Not sure what was wrong with this...
DSC_5088_zpsac198f5e.jpg
I like our design a LOT better than the new look. Not sure why they need to change a nice setup.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love everything about the new setup. Plus the paddle shifters allow to keep your hands on the steering wheel at all time.
I'm just a little sad that Land Rover made the transfer box an option but I understand the marketing move.
Anyway the truck looks great with all the changes. Again congratulations.

Disco4Play

Reaction score
The more I see the less I like. Land Rover is losing their image and in 10 years the only people driving these vehicles will be women. Everything seems to cater to the soccer mom these days. Its sad that we can't keep a Land Rover a Land Rover. Everything I hate on a Range Rover keeps getting added to a Land Rover. I understand evolving the product, but can we at least keep some Heritage??? Sorry, I had to vent...

michal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ah you made me laugh. You need to order the HD package if you want it on the '14. No rock crawl either.

Wow.... This is more like an oversized LR2..... I like the outside design but the reason I have an LR4 is to take it offroad. Without a lo range it is no longer a true offroad car....

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can get a two-speed transfer case on the 2014 as well, the only difference compared to earlier model years is that it is now a factory option instead of being standard issue. As a bonus though, when you order the two-speed transfer case you also get the electronic locking rear differential thrown in the package, which used to be a very rare option on earlier model years. When so equipped, the 2014 should be every bit as capable off-road as earlier model years. The base model is just packaged differently to appeal to people who would never dream of taking the LR4 off road anyway - the great majority of existing and prospective customers, I'm afraid. Remember that we enthusiasts on this forum are the exception, not the rule.

Last edited:

samcarloso

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats. Looks great. Love the new headlights just can't decide if I like the Blacked out tail lights over previous model.

still-one

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't care for the change to a rotary knob from a shifter. There are times when I am driving that I rest my hand on the shifter. Also with the new console design we have lost that hole/space where you could place your phone.

I am going to miss that V-8.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99