2014 LR4 lux delivery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

manoftaste

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder if LRNA visits/reads these forums.

Told an FSE at a dealership last week that I'd gladly pay close to 80k to 90k for a non blingified (no 20" or 22" wheels etc) supercharged V8, better yet, a TDV8 (once offered in a RR) LR4.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Told an FSE at a dealership last week that I'd gladly pay close to 80k to 90k for a non blingified (no 20" or 22" wheels etc) supercharged V8, better yet, a TDV8 (once offered in a RR) LR4.
I am just not sure we would even be Land Rover's target audience anymore?

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score

manoftaste

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I can see that. But look at what Mercedes did with the G Class. The GL was supposed to be its replacement, but they heard so much from their customers that they decided to continue production and have done an amazing job of keeping it up do date with all the modern day amenities and powerful top-end high horsepower/torque drivetrains, all in the same rugged package while without introducing any bling factor in the equation, hence still keeping it as a practical off roader.

The G production runs in terms of number of units manufactured per year is probably some ridiculously low figure, but Mercedes still not only builds it but keeps it up to date (on the same decades old body on frame chassis) to make and keep its loyal customers happy.

LR could easily do that with the LR4. It could make a ridiculously top end version (without blinging it up) of the LR4 for the loyal customers. G Class begins at some ridiculous $114k or something like that. And its not even close to LR4 in terms of ride quality but has better built, fit and finish. LR4's integrated body-frame is far more advanced than the G' old chassis but the interior lacks in fit and finish.

I believe and would not be surprised that if there was enough demand and up roar (like it must have been for the G) LR may continue to produce or even make a real luxury version of it.

manoftaste

Full Access Member
Reaction score
She hates her sport tuned BMW here in CO. because of the potholes she hits daily, car makes a huge thud and I'm worried the G will do the same.

Thats how I felt, at least partly, when I went from my LR3 to LR4. My LR3 HSE was more comfortable and well planted on *** holes etc with its softer suspension set up. LR4, with its firmer suspension, feels a bit more firm and less comfortable on the same streets and bumps (where I drove my LR3 for six years).

Therefore I am very much curious about the new RR' Adaptive Dynamic Suspension. Hate the new design though, whats up with that slanted roof line, looks ugly as hell and the rear just looks like any other SUV on the road (Ford explorer?)

LR4 rear (and the whole body design for that matter) has a very distinct look. My mother who knows nothing about cars and has no interest in their design in general, is always able to spot an LR3/4 for far away due to its unique iconic design.

Rockymtnjoy

Reaction score
I wonder if I should hold out for the 2015 LR5 in hopes of the lighter frame to match better with the current v6. I like the new RRSC in black or white with the 22" but would never want to take it offroad because it seems to elegant and pretty. My wife loves it and it's the most comfortable SUV I've ever driven. You feel very stately in the captains chair. My wife will probably get the 2015 in fall and I may just wait to get the LR at the same time hoping for a better deal and simply to see if the 2015 LR is any different from the 2014.

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Though I have an LR4 on order (arriving in June, hopefully) I have also wrestled with the "should I wait" for MY15 question. It is a great question. If I were younger I might wait a couple of years for the MY15 to sort out. (After my current experience with the 2014 Acura MDX I will not do another first model year.)

Lighter would be good but I am concerned about what they will do with the body shape. Hopefully nothing. Hopefully it will retain all of its awesomeness like high-capacity and highly configurable interior as well as the large windows, elevated (not sports car like) seating and of course its off road capabilities. And its great blend of both off road/back road capabilities with adequate luxury.

Working in our favor is the fact that LR really needs a true 7-seater and the rear seats in the Sport are a joke. So I would not expect them to chop it down too much.

Too bad we can't get a glimpse while there are still plenty of MY14's around.

Rockymtnjoy

Reaction score
Though I have an LR4 on order (arriving in June, hopefully) I have also wrestled with the "should I wait" for MY15 question. It is a great question. If I were younger I might wait a couple of years for the MY15 to sort out. (After my current experience with the 2014 Acura MDX I will not do another first model year.)

Lighter would be good but I am concerned about what they will do with the body shape. Hopefully nothing. Hopefully it will retain all of its awesomeness like high-capacity and highly configurable interior as well as the large windows, elevated (not sports car like) seating and of course its off road capabilities. And its great blend of both off road/back road capabilities with adequate luxury.

Working in our favor is the fact that LR really needs a true 7-seater and the rear seats in the Sport are a joke. So I would not expect them to chop it down too much.

Too bad we can't get a glimpse while there are still plenty of MY14's around.

I agree, if they change the body shape it would most likely be a huge negative and would just purchase the 2014. It would also be nice if they offered 18" as an option with real AT tires. Maybe do what Jeep does by offering a Rubicon addition but without sacrificing luxury. Adding a comfort mode would be really awesome since it has air suspension already.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think that's it is clear by now that a new Discovery platform is not in the books for MY15. If it was, we would have heard about it by now, seen spy shots, etc., as it would be launching very shortly. If there is a new Disco / LRx platform coming, it probably won't happen until MY16 at the earliest.

I also believe the only major change on the upcoming MY15 is going to affect the infotainment system, because Land Rover is taking such a beating on virtually every press review of their new models about how antiquated and rudimentary the interface is for such a high end and otherwise outstanding vehicle. Pretty sure the current platform will carry on for another model year at least.

Last edited:

Rockymtnjoy

Reaction score
I think that's it is clear by now that a new Discovery platform is not in the books for MY15. If it was, we would have heard about it by now, seen spy shots, etc., as it would be launching very shortly. If there is a new Disco / LRx platform coming, it probably won't happen until MY16 at the earliest.

I also believe the only major change on the upcoming MY15 is going to affect the infotainment system, because Land Rover is taking such a beating on every press review of their new models about how antiquated and rudimentary the interface is. Pretty sure the current platform will carry on for another model year at least.

I have heard the current infotainment system is horrid across all Rovers. I do love my wife's BMW infotainment, super easy to use and it's a 2008. Heck my 2008 200 series land cruiser infotainment system is touchscreen but very simple to use.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635