2014 LR4 lux delivery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think that's it is clear by now that a new Discovery platform is not in the books for MY15. If it was, we would have heard about it by now, seen spy shots, etc., as it would be launching very shortly. If there is a new Disco / LRx platform coming, it probably won't happen until MY16 at the earliest.

Agreed. Which is why I didn't believe the facelift and engine change at first. If they went through all this work, they are planning on keeping the LR4 for at least 2 years. Likely 3.

Soda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From those reports it looks like they've seen spy shots of the upcoming Freelander/LR2/whatever it is called and are extrapolating that to what the next LR4 will be. The next LR4 probably will be similar but larger, but since there have not been any spy shots of an LR4 sized mule then I seriously doubt that the next gen LR4 will be ready for the 2015 model year.

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From those reports it looks like they've seen spy shots of the upcoming Freelander/LR2/whatever it is called and are extrapolating that to what the next LR4 will be. The next LR4 probably will be similar but larger, but since there have not been any spy shots of an LR4 sized mule then I seriously doubt that the next gen LR4 will be ready for the 2015 model year.

No way. I cannot see the LR5 being anything less than a 2016 model and more likely 2017, especially considering how late they were to introduce the 2014.

Soda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed. 2016 at the earliest. Most probably 2017.

Dubroz

Full Access Member
Reaction score

On the first link there are actually two pictures if you slide the image right, you can see the shot of the anticipated Discovery 5 (LR5). This is the first spy shot I've seen that isn't a MY15 LR2.

Attachments

• Discovery-02.jpg
    Discovery-02.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 31

Soda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow. Did not see that. That does appear to be a LR4/5 sized and shaped Rover. Maybe there is something to the 2015 theory. I didn't believe it because I had not seen a test mule yet.

Rockymtnjoy

Reaction score
The new LR5 for 2015 is not looking very appealing at all. Less visual out the back and side windows. I almost bet the SCV6 was put into the current LR4 so it's ready to be easily dropped into the 2015 model for its lighter frame which makes more sense. The current LR is very heavy(which I like) but putting a SCV6 seems a little weak especially if you're pulling a trailer. Looking further at the 2014 LR4 vs. my 200 Land Cruiser their is no way it will outperform mine in hill climbs. The MY14 LR4 is very weak on torque while mine has 401lbs of torque. I could obviously be wrong but when it comes to pulling Torque is King, even the 2013 LR4 isn't as powerful as 200 series. 200 series 0-60 6.5 2013 LR4 0-60 7.6 Now taking that into consideration I will not because I'm wanting the LR4 more for its offroad prowess, comfort ride(compared to my 200) and it's much better cargo space and it's amazing viewing angles. I don't mind the rotary dial on the LR but what concerns is the very low torque and HP of the MY2014 LR4 and it will have stressed the engine out before 100k on the odometer if used off-roading and towing occasionally. Just my .02 but I'm leaning towards the 2013 LR4. I love V8 :)

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The new LR5 for 2015 is not looking very appealing at all. Less visual out the back.

This is not a LR5 or Discovery 5. It's a test mule. If you look at it (also mentioned in the article) it's a Range Rover Sport. It most likely has the underpinnings of the new Discovery.

Rockymtnjoy

Reaction score
This is not a LR5 or Discovery 5. It's a test mule. If you look at it (also mentioned in the article) it's a Range Rover Sport. It most likely has the underpinnings of the new Discovery.

I hope you're right because LR is adding allot of curves to its complete US lineup for the expection of the LR4.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635