2015 Issues anyone else?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have custom ordered quite a few BMWs over the years and if the practice is the same, it is a complete crapshoot on when you get a VIN. Typically you are assigned a production slot, and that date is dependant on how backed up they are on orders. You can get your production slot assigned and up until about a week before that date, you can make changes to your order if needed. Around that week prior to production, the order is locked and no further changes can be made. This is when the VIN is assigned.

Some cars I ordered had up to 3 months wait for a production slot, others were a matter of weeks. It just depends on the demand, dealer assigned alotments, orders in the queue before you, etc...

phil1ben

Reaction score
Derman, just logged onto TOPIx.

Interesting. Found out my LR4 was built on March 11. At least it was a Wednesday car and not a Friday car. Still awaiting pre-delivery inspection as an "outstanding campaign". I assume the site does not tell you when the vehicle shipped to the US. I could not find it.

Thank you.

Lgibson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my VIN just now. Topix found it and I see the description. But where did you see your manufacture date?

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Upper right corner of the screen, right next to the tiny picture of the car and the VIN #, should say "Build Date". If the date's not there they probably haven't built it yet (or have yet to update the online data.)

phil1ben

Reaction score
I actually had to register with the site. Did you do that? It has been a little more than a month since I placed my order. I am told mid-April delivery.

Derman

Reaction score
I'm in Northern CA and my build date was February 3 (full moon) with a delivery date of March 20. On my 'build sheet' the build date was February 6-11.

Not sure if that helps anyone...

If I get confirmation tomorrow that my dealer indicated, I'll post it.

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I received my MY14 custom order last May there was a bit of variability in the delivery date due to the need to "truck" it to CO from CA. That said, it came in a couple of days early. Then they needed a couple days to prep and install the ladder, rails, etc. But they were pretty close on the projected date. You all in CA shouldn't have as much variability in the time to move it from the dock to your dealership I should think. And, yes, I was a total PITA with my dealer as the date got closer.

Lgibson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually had to register with the site. Did you do that? It has been a little more than a month since I placed my order. I am told mid-April delivery.

Oh yes, couldn't get anywhere w/o Topix registation. I think it's like Umberto said, they haven't yet updated. Pretty soon I'll need to decide how long a subscription to buy. All those "access denied" screens are frustrating.

BTW, It looks like Feb 3 was some sort of cut-off date for "tweaking" US orders. At least that's what our dealer and several of you cite.

Dubroz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Driving home last night it sounded like I was dragging a piece of sheet metal that was clunking / scraping / squealing against the front right underside of the car. Stopped looked under, nothing. Checked tires nothing. Continued driving and noise would diminish & come back, hitting bumps made it go away for a short time. Hitting brakes would make it go away for a short time. This morning I started car, could not re-create. Drove to work ~45mins, no noises. Any ideas?

Also, now I could be getting paranoid .... but I am curious if this amount of smoking from an exhaust is 'normal' for a cold weather start. Did this for ~10 mins.

https://youtu.be/2UCIh7NRpk4

Thanks.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM