2015 L405 Owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ShayMack

Reaction score
I am seeking input from the community regarding a repair to a 2015 Land Rover Range Rover LWB (L405). I recently notice a rear fluid leak following an intermit dash message “SUSPENSION FAULT VEHICLE LEAN WHEN CORNERING”. I immediately park the car and had it towed to a Land Rover dealer after waiting a 1 ½ for an appointment. After having the vehicle for several days, I was told that I had multiple leaks (although) there was only one that was evident to me. I was quoted a price of ~$15K to repair the leaks, including ~$6K in parts. Have any of you encountered this issue?

Thanks,

The parts list and pictures are attached:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 102
  • 3.png
    3.png
    29.6 KB · Views: 97
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 97

RyanRR

Reaction score
Good lord... That's a pretty crazy sounding price.

I'd be making phone calls to independent shops ASAP, explain what the dealer found, and ask for quotes.

As much as I love the air suspension on our vehicles, I'd be swapping to coils before I dropped $15k to fix suspension on a 6 year old vehicle.

RyanRR

Reaction score
Yep, I know. With 72K miles nonetheless....

Absolutely start making phone calls, that's nuts. For $15k they should be able to replace every single piece of the air suspension from front to back, and your control arms, tires, etc..

ShayMack

Reaction score
Ha! I know, I asked them to explain to me exactly what component is bad. Apparently the hose that I saw and attached here is not the only problem. To your point, they have to remove all kinds of stuff to get to the hose. That might explain the labor charge but the parts?
This vehicle is touted to be able to handle anything. While I don't off-road, can you imagine if I did?
Thanks for your perspective.

RyanRR

Reaction score
Ha! I know, I asked them to explain to me exactly what component is bad. Apparently the hose that I saw and attached here is not the only problem. To your point, they have to remove all kinds of stuff to get to the hose. That might explain the labor charge but the parts?
This vehicle is touted to be able to handle anything. While I don't off-road, can you imagine if I did?
Thanks for your perspective.

No problem, I hope you're able to find a more reasonable rate from a qualified Indy shop.
I'd be very interested to hear what others have to say, because I'm sure you're not the first (nor will you be the last) person to be handed a bill like that.

ShayMack

Reaction score
I reverted back to the dealership about reconciling the rear leak that was visible to me versus the items on the parts list and was told that the valve block, transfer case, and suspension hoses are all leaking along with stabilizer bars. This is blocking my mind. None of this was evident. Just providing an update.

RyanRR

Reaction score
That still seems like a crazy price to me.

Are you still planning on talking with an Indy shop? I know that the dealership gave me a list of about $8k worth of work on my last Range Rover, and my Indy shop did all the work for under $2500.

ShayMack

Reaction score
Definitely but they are hard to find. Did the shop specialize in RRs or foreign cars?

Assume you were satisfied.

ShayMack

Reaction score
And, was your shop able to get the parts? What type vehicle do you have?

Thanks

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut