2016 LR4 Camera system not working at all!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JimmyY

Reaction score
Okay, so I have no voltage on the far left side of the connector (black wire). 11.6v on the purple wire. Both sides should have voltage? Any ideas ?
PXL_20230407_203414390.jpg

Rover Range

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Far left is ground. Black wire.
Key off. Set meter to ohms and check resistance to a seat frame bolt.

Rover Range

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No.
A bit high.
Should be around .3ohm

Try running a new ground and see if it works.
Take a short section of wire, insert it into the rear of the ground terminal and other end to seat bolt.

JimmyY

Reaction score
Okay thank you. So remove the black wire from the connector and replace it with a wire going to a bare metal bolt ?

Rover Range

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Leave the original wire in .
Just strip the wire back and insert it into the rear of the connector.

Rover Range

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The ground for the camera module is at the base of the driver's A pillar. The panel with the hood release has to be removed to access the ground. C2696 Right hand drive shown.
ground.jpg

JimmyY

Reaction score
Thanks for the diagram, very helpful! Even when I disconnected the grounds circled below I still have 4ohms of resistance on my black wire from the cam mod connector which leads me to believe this is not the right one ? When I measure for resistance on these grounds circled, one is open and one has 5 ohms . Scary now I have airbag light, parking break fault and auto start/stop unavailable on my dash (I reconnected everything before turning the car back on). I may put my seat back in and drive it around keep getting low battery start car warnings when I'm working.
PXL_20230408_154439062.jpg
PXL_20230408_153200735~2.jpg

JimmyY

Reaction score
Disregard, just put the seat back in and all lights are gone now. Cameras still not working :(

JimmyY

Reaction score
Update- I purchased a used camera module from eBay. Swapped it out and it immediately started working!! Couple days later, the thing dies again- same issue as before. Now, have I pooched 2 modules, or is there something else going on? Why did it work for a few days? Very frustrating for sure...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA