2016 RRS SC Brake questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MisB

Reaction score
I have a 2016 RRS SC that has currently 23k miles. When in last had it at the dealer for service, they state I needed brakes done. Quoted $2500 for new rotors and pads. I questioned why not just pads and said oh no we replace rotors eerytime. I checked th rotors and there are no grooves or scars on them. Can I not get by with just pad replacement? What are the wear limits on rotors? I could see if I drove the crap out of this thing and did excessively hard braking. However this is not the case. Just feel like I should het more than 23k miles before brake need to be done. Any advice appreciated.

jlglr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s an insane price. I just did pads and discs on my LR4 (DIY) and for all four wheels the parts came to about $400. That’s using the OEM supplier parts, which are identical to the OE parts. Even you don’t want to do the brakes yourself (which isn’t that hard), you should be able to get a much better price somewhere else.

Do check the replacement thickness specs on the rotors. You should be able to find it with a quick google search. It’s also usually printed somewhere on the rotor, but you need to take the wheel off to see.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA