205,000 miles and about to service transmission question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

16FujiDisco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And the shifter, 8hp has no mechanical linkage
Oh dang, I didn’t realize that. I had read something about swapping them in BMWs and it only being electronic differences. On second thought, I believe that was for swapping an 8hp40/45 to an 8hp70

Jimmy Brooks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would die to have the ZF8 in my 2013. I had it in other high power vehicles and it is the best slush box. The 6 is a sluggish pig in comparison.
Agreed, I’ve never been a fan of the 6 speed in these trucks. If Someone ever figures out how to swap the 8 speed in with the 5.0L I’d do that in a heart beat. These trucks would be a bit quicker and a bit more efficient if they had the 8 speed mated to the 5.0L

Jimmy Brooks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And the shifter, 8hp has no mechanical linkage
I don’t think this would be too big of an issue if you just swapped to the dial on the 8 speed. I would rather have the shifter but I’d take it over the zf6 slush box. A guy that I watch who has an L320 stage 2 supercharged sport lives down in russia and says that he knows people down there who are trying to figure it out the swap. This guys has a fully functioning L322 digital gauge display in his sport so if they could code that into the car I wouldn’t be surprised if we see a zf8 swap in the near future

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA