3.5 / 3.9 Rover Headers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

S

siambxr

any one knows where I can get some headers for my 88 rover and how much HP I get out of it.. I know Janspeed makes headers but dont know of any places in the USA that sell them.. Leads anyone?

Last edited by a moderator:

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I am almost positive that the headers that I installed on my '97 Disco were made of the RRC 3.9 the are made by headman headers you can order them from Summit racing for $109 for the set or a better choice would be to order them from Jet-hot they ceramic coat them inside and out and warrenty them for life aganist rust...(it also keeps the heat in the engine bay down alot) performace wise I can't give you numbers, but it sure feels better. I would say 15 to 20 horse, again this is a guess.

My invoice from Jet-Hot was $321(US) for HD39800 and $25 for shipping and handling total $346. They are coated inside and out and they say they will never rust through, if they do, they will recoat them for free. If you just want the uncoated version, which you said you do not, you can get them from summit racing for $109.

Hope this helps,

you can also view my gallery and see the headers and what I had to do to make them fit in a Disco (remember they were made for the RRC)

S

siambxr

thanks Joey i'll look into it now.

one more question so the headers for the 3.9 and the 3.5 interchangable? :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Should be, it is the same engine...

S

siambxr

whooops, thats a no go Joey.. I talked to the headman headers guys and the headers they made are for the right hand drive Rovers. DOH ! I asked him why sell right hand seaders in the USA? Answer was we don't. We sell most of it in the European countries.. :mad:

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Paul, you are right, they are made or the right hand drive Rovers, but what they don't tell you is they will fit... email me off list and I will gladly send you me full email info on all info I have on the headers and install on a Disco, for the RRC it is almost a drop in replacement though, not as much fun as I had.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo