30,000 Mile Service

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G

gregmac

I'm ready for a 30,000 mile service on a 2001 disco. The dealer wants $570 to do the service. I have a warranty to 50,000 miles, so I do want to be careful to follow all maintenance requirements. But, looking at the requirements for that service in the owner's manual, I can't for the life of me figure out what they are going to do that should cost that much. To me it looks like a lot of "inspections" and two or three fluid changes. Is this reasonable? Any suggestions? Thanks for any help.

A

ayavner

Undoubtedly "inspections" that will turn up more expensive issues you didn't know you had... I don't think there is anything in the warranty that says the dealer has to do the service, only that it should be done. There are other tune-up shops that offer these services, and you can get hold of the sheet that LR uses as a checklist for the service. I think, in point of fact, that you can actually do it yourself if you are comfortable with it and go by the checklist.

In short, i do not think they can legally deny warranty service for not bringing it to them... but... if something is obviously worn or broken that should have been done, that might cause a problem... lets say the engine overheats and blows a head gasket because the belt broke and you should have replaced that after your inspection... well, guess what... ka-ching! KEEP RECEIPTS!

what's everyone else think?

D

discomike

Greg,
As long as you have all the fluids and filters changed and you have a work order or receipt , you're covered, have you thought about doing it your self one Saturday???
Mike J.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo