96 Disco Lost All Brakes! Help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jsrjr01

Reaction score
Hello all...

I have a 96 Disco with 138000 miles and have been experiencing a little bit of "soft pedal syndrome" when braking...especially in the morning. You know, first attempt to brake, very soft pedal, second attempt/third attempt much better.

Yesterday, I pull out of the driveway and as I approach the intersection up the street... Pedal goes to the floor. Pumping has no effect. Thank goodness for the E-Brake!

Anyway... Upon inspection, i noticed the brake fluid level was at or below the minimum line on the reservoir and where the reservoir joins the master cylinder, there was some fluid leaking due to bad gaskets so i refilled the reservoir and still no brakes. There was no fluid leak any where else.

Before i spend the $$$ would someone please advise that this does in deed sound like a master cylinder gone bad.

Thanks!

Steven

jsrjr01

Reaction score
Problem Solved!

I live in Atlanta and was able to pick up the part from the folks at Coventry West here in town!

Thanks!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99