98 RangeRover HSE 4.6

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

motox313

Reaction score
Thanks for the info Joey and Punk. Its a front wheel. I had what i thought was a good garage look at the rover, it was there for 2 days, they did nothing, not even an estimate and i have been going there for years! They told me about the wheel bearing so me and a friend are going to tackle the pick up tube and look at the wheel bearings. Im a welder (Union Boilermaker) so i have had fun with 6010 (love the toxic smell of that and jet rod). when we see what we have when i get the wheel off, i will go from there. I just hope the engine knock isnt anything worse than we can handle. it doesnt knock till it warms up and you cant hear it when you are on the gas (or is a bearing contracting and wrapping when hot, i HOPE NOT).

motox313

Reaction score
Oh the knock, I does sound like the lifter (not bearing) and my friend said pick up tube too.

PUNKslip

Reaction score
Glad to hear you have some welding experience, and can run a stick. Most people are comfortable with wire feed, it will work also. Cover any wheel studs with masking tape to keep slatter off them. I happen to be a Union Boiler Operator, UFCW Local whatever. We have Kewanee boilers, 5 of them. Good luck.

John O.
Crete, Ne.

motox313

Reaction score
Joey and Punk, we did get a chance to look at front end. the hub bearings are shot and a few rod ends and ball joints. I guess my Q is are the hub bearings (2) mated to the spindle/ or hub asby? can i just buy the bearings or do i have to buy that hub bearing assembly for $500? If im able to do just the bearings, are they common bearing that i can get from a napa parts or do i have to order from over the net? Sorry for bending ears on this but im trying to find the answers myself and i am no mechanic if its not a single piston 2stroke.

docstrange

Reaction score
Im changing the water pump this week in my 2002 Range.If this doesnt stop the overheating and its the headgasket can anyone tell me a reasonable price i should pay?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4