A Few New Accessories...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad to see some pictures David. It looks great. Congrats

Kaaae

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great! But yeah, where's the antenna?

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sweet! I would get nearly enough (frequent) use out of the expedition rack to justify one, but it looks awesome.

I did notice when I brought the family for the final blessing on the LR4 purchase, that I will need some kind of step for the kids. The OEM running boards seem alright, but I am wondering if I should go with a black tube like you have. Do you know how they compare with the OEM boards in terms of size/cost? Yours look nice. Although I thought there OEM tubes as well.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How is it that you don't have a sat/nav. antenna on your roof glass...?
I was wondering the same thing, but I do not have Satellite/HD radio (I barely listen to music). Is that why? There is a small flat antennae unit there, but it's almost flush.

Last edited:

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sweet! I would get nearly enough (frequent) use out of the expedition rack to justify one, but it looks awesome.

I did notice when I brought the family for the final blessing on the LR4 purchase, that I will need some kind of step for the kids. The OEM running boards seem alright, but I am wondering if I should go with a black tube like you have. Do you know how they compare with the OEM boards in terms of size/cost? Yours look nice. Although I thought there OEM tubes as well.
You can definitely use them as a step, though you may want to get some non-stick grip tape or something since the powder-coated black bars can be slippery when they are wet. There are OEM tubes, but I think when I saw them on an LR4 at the dealership, they do not stick out as much as some of the aftermarket options. Mine are the sill protectors with 45/45 outriggers from Urban Offroad. I think you can even get 45/90 or even 90/90 for a bit more step. The OEM running boards are nice, and probably provide the best step, but a lot of folks who go off-roading do not have them because they would get ruined. I think they are pretty expensive as well, over $1,000 I believe. I know Romik makes a couple aftermarket options for much cheaper, though I don't know much about them. Mine were $699.00.

I hope that helps.

-David

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great! But yeah, where's the antenna?
I am confused now because when I look online at a few 2013s (even what seems to be without Satellite/HD radio), they have the antennae?

My navigation works great, so did they maybe change the antennae for late 2013s? Or, is it just because I do not have Satellite/HD? Weird.

Kaaae

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought you got a lux? Isn't SAT standard?

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can definitely use them as a step, though you may want to get some non-stick grip tape or something since the powder-coated black bars can be slippery when they are wet. There are OEM tubes, but I think when I saw them on an LR4 at the dealership, they do not stick out as much as some of the aftermarket options. Mine are the sill protectors with 45/45 outriggers from Urban Offroad. I think you can even get 45/90 or even 90/90 for a bit more step. The OEM running boards are nice, and probably provide the best step, but a lot of folks who go off-roading do not have them because they would get ruined. I think they are pretty expensive as well, over $1,000 I believe. I know Romik makes a couple aftermarket options for much cheaper, though I don't know much about them. Mine were $699.00.

I hope that helps.

-David

Damn!

Thanks

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9