A jumping RR

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

F

fbrems

My wife is driving a 2001 RR with 45K/km (28K/miles) on the meter, I had no problems so far in comparison with my disco which had almost every defect you could ever imagine. Yesterday the RR was standing in my yard with his end on the ground and the front straight up like a horse ready to jump. The issue is that it jumps too. When driving, the RR jumps up and down for 30min which is funny for the kids but I find it more embarrassing driving in the city going up and down. Reading all the previous treads, "JUST REPLACE the chocks" is usually the answer which should not be the case for a car which cost $62K. I want to be sure that it is not just an air leak. The balloons seem to be okay, I sprayed soap water to verify for leaks but no bubbles came up. Could it be the airlines which are not visible from underneath? It is strange that only the back springs are deflating and both together. The display in the car is not highlighting any fault.
Any suggestions please.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Kestreljr.... nothing wrong with posting info from another forum as long as the info is good.

F

fbrems

I checked the Range Rover forum before posting the thread and they provide a whole range of information in details. The possible leaks and self leveling adjustments are not in my case as I verified the airbags and only both back air suspensions are down at same level and adjusting themselves while running with a lot of up and downs. As I could not find similarity with my issue, I posted for some ideas before I start removing relays, censors or replacement by spring type.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I would guess (don't know much about the Air bags) that the ride hight sensor has a short or a bad contact.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM