A quick HELLO & intro...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GALAZIO

Reaction score
Hello All

Yep, I'm a newbie that just purchased my first Range Rover (2002 4.6 HSE). Hopefully, it will provide years and years of enjoyment without the gremlins that seem to haunt some of these fine autos.

I'll post up a few pics once I figure that out...in the meantime, I do have one question regarding the "overheating" issues. I did notice that the coolant was a little low and could smell coolant once exiting the auto. I have had the dealer inspect the issue and he informes me that there are two hoses that enter the auto behind the glovebox. There are "O Rings" that can go bad, which he said are bad after inspection of the system. They are replacing thoses and said I should have noticed a leak in the passager side footwell. I did inspect this, but noticed the leak (which shows no previous leaking) upon finishing my test drive. If they fixed this correctly, is there anything to worry about?...or keep an eye on?

I did notice that the temp gauge after the car sat all night went from COLD to dead center of the gauge (1/2 way between "C" and "H") within 2 minutes and stayed there. Do 4.6's warm up this fast???

Thanks and look forward to learning a few things.

Cheers

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Since this is an all aluminum block engine, yes it will heat up very fast. So if it does overheat, it will cook the engine just as quick.

It sounds like they are fixing the issue, but you may ask them for a complete service history. That will always help with any future questions or issues that may come up.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72