Adaptive speed control?? / Steering wheel audio controls flip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was this ever an option?

Page 14 shows an extra steering wheel control - http://www.disco3.co.uk/gallery/albums/userpics/11468/Description and Operation~4.pdf

sterring%20wheel%20controls.jpg

I have been thinking about flipping the stereo buttons to the left and content to leave the mode button on the right, but maybe I dont have to if there is a left with three holes.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The configuration with 3 buttons on the left hand of the steering wheel is an option on RRS S/C fitted with Adaptive Cruise Control, and RRS and LR3 share the same steering wheel of course. But it would be very difficult to "flip" buttons. Under that switchgear on the steering wheel there are two dedicated electronic modules, one for the left side and one for the right. Within each module, a single printed board includes all contacts, for cruise control and voice recognition activation paddle on the left and for channel/volume/mode and phone send/end paddles on the right.

davez26

Full Access Member
Reaction score
second to umberbob

Dedicated boards are attatched to those switches. I dissassembled all that to try to swap the audio controls and was defeated. I suppose an engineer type with 9+ DIY skill could hijack the circuit boards somehow, but for all intents and purposes, the effort to effect ratio is very low, and not doable for most mere mortals.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99