Adding Rear Diff Motor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JangoSW

Reaction score
Hello,

Saw this on Amazon. Couple guys said it works Anyone try adding these motors?

Thanks,
Sean

Screen Shot 2020-05-02 at 7.56.21 AM.png

Stuart Barnes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im waiting on a replacement from another online retailer.

This is the code the IId tool picked up.

P186D-97 Clutch actuator stuck - Component failure. Component or system operation obstructed or blocked

For reference the car lowered for safety, looks like its on the bumpstops or close to it and the abs, hdc, and suspension have all thrown faults.

Once I get the old one off I'll take it apart and see what's stuck.

Stuart.

JangoSW

Reaction score
Im waiting on a replacement from another online retailer.

This is the code the IId tool picked up.

P186D-97 Clutch actuator stuck - Component failure. Component or system operation obstructed or blocked

For reference the car lowered for safety, looks like its on the bumpstops or close to it and the abs, hdc, and suspension have all thrown faults.

Once I get the old one off I'll take it apart and see what's stuck.

Stuart.
My LR4 did not come with a rear diff. Can you add one to a vehicle that was not equipped with it? (LR4 2002)

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To the OP: are you asking about adding just the motor for the locker or the entire new diff? I'd be wary about buying a part so vital off Amazon without knowing the part number and compatibility.

gsxr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks to me like it might be a no-name/off-brand replacement motor for models with optional locking diff.

If you are asking if this will somehow upgrade your non-locking diff to locking... nope.

o_O

JangoSW

Reaction score
Looks to me like it might be a no-name/off-brand replacement motor for models with optional locking diff.

If you are asking if this will somehow upgrade your non-locking diff to locking... nope.

o_O
So you need this piece and the motor?

Differential Assembly - Land-Rover (LR041063)

scott schmerge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So you need this piece and the motor?

Differential Assembly - Land-Rover (LR041063)

and a whole lot more...all the wiring the control module, etc. I think someone did a write up on here of a conversion using a diff off of a parts truck. Not a plug and play.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM