Advice on reasonably priced parts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BazLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am probably dreaming, but does a place exist in the US where the cost of parts is reasonable? especially for non rush orders and cosmetic parts?

Thanks.

drivrswntd

Reaction score
I found that I could get parts cheaper in the UK than in the us, even including shipping. I got lower control arms from lrseries.com for $440 shipped.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used to get most of my parts from WestCoastRovers.com, an indy repair shop. Typically 30% less than dealership costs, or better, sometimes considerably better.

drzjoint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
US where the cost of parts is reasonable?:hmmmm2:

BazLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you all. I hope I won't have to call these guys too soon. Are all of the parts manufactured in the UK or are they from all over the world?

BazLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where are most of the parts manufactured? Are some of the parts shared with other Ford family products?

hell pie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have yet to order from them, but what about parts.com? They have cool exploded diagrams of the vehicle in question, which makes it easy to figure out what the part is if you don't know the name of it. I'm not sure where the parts are sourced from, but I recall reading somewhere that because of low demand, you are not likely to find LR3 parts being mass produced in China. I was looking at buying some of those white plastic circular button pieces that attach the door interior to the actual door metal. The shipping is way more than the part itself, so I'm waiting until I have a few more items to order.

Mr.BigsLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found that I could get parts cheaper in the UK than in the us, even including shipping. I got lower control arms from lrseries.com for $440 shipped.

WOW - just took a look at their site. Their prices are crazy low in comparison to the states. The driving lamp kit is almost $200 less. Damn.

drivrswntd

Reaction score
WOW - just took a look at their site. Their prices are crazy low in comparison to the states. The driving lamp kit is almost $200 less. Damn.

Yup, and after you get a shipping quote, they still are way cheaper. I ordered lower control arms, and it was $440 shipped, and I had them in 2 days.

Mr.BigsLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup, and after you get a shipping quote, they still are way cheaper. I ordered lower control arms, and it was $440 shipped, and I had them in 2 days.

Until the parts vendors come back to reality, these guys will get my business.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9